Change Your Life
Do you long to let go of self-centeredness and be more eternally minded? Do you desire to make a difference in the lost world but aren't sure how to go about it? The gripping message in Revolution In World Missions can radically change your life. To Get Your Copy Of This Free Book.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
In (Matthew 6:9-15) we read;
9. After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11. Give us this day our daily bread.
12. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
14. For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15. But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Let's study the meanings of each important word, that Jesus used in this prayer. It is so inspiring to know and understand what Jesus was trying to teach us here in this prayer.
The Prayer That The Lord Gave To His Disciples
1. Our Father - Recognizing who God is, our provider.
2. Who art in heaven - God is in heaven were no corruption or decay is. Where only pure love abides.
3. Hallowed be thy name - Hallowing God’s name means recognizing his holiness. He is perfect, and we are not.
4. Thy kingdom come - This world is not our home, God’s kingdom is coming soon to be set up on the earth.
5. Thy Will be done - Pray that God’s Will be done on earth, heaven, and in our lives. Not our Will's be done.
6. Give us this day our daily bread - We recognize that God is our provider and be thankful for everything He gives us daily.
7. Forgive our debts - Forgive us for all of our sins through Jesus Christ.
8. As we forgive our debtors - We must also forgive those who have sinned against us.
9. Lead us not into temptation - Do not let us be tempted beyond what we can endure.
10. But deliver us from the evil one - Do not let us be ensnared by the wiles of the devil.
11. Forgive others - As God is merciful, so must we be merciful to everyone else too.
Jesus Loves You